Park Management and Conservation
In Kansas, quality outdoor recreation opportunities are hosted by public agencies at the municipal, county, state and federal levels of government and by numerous private and commercial enterprises. K-State faculty in the Department of Horticulture and Natural Resources produce and disseminate research based information related to recreation, parks and tourism in the areas listed below.
Analysis of the Kansas RecFinder data set: The comprehensive park and recreation geodatabase
The following reports were compiled to illustrate possible comparisons/benchmarks that might serve as useful planning tools. However, these reports represent, in most cases, a 1st or 2nd draft, and require additional review before they are accepted as a best practices approach.
RecFinder and Proximity Methodology (pdf). Explains the logic and process behind the reports
- KS City ParkScore Worksheet (pdf)
- KS Cities ParkScore 2016 (by City Class) (.xlsx)
- KS City ParkScore w CO averages (pdf)
- KS Cities ParkScore by County 2016 (.xlsx)
- KS County ParkScore (pdf)
- KS County ParkScore - Alpha (pdf)
- KS Counties ParkScore – 2016 – alpha (.xlsx)
- KS Counties ParkScore – 2016 - ranked (.xlsx)
- KS County ParkScore - Ranked (pdf)