Student Garden Program
The Willow Lake Student Farm is offering garden programs for K-State students during summer 2023. This provides a unique opportunity for students to gain experience gardening and learn from experts in our department.
All participants must attend one orientation meeting.
April 6th at 6pm in Throckmorton 2414 is your last chance to attend the orientation meeting. Mark your calendars and join us on April 6th.
- Plan, plant, and harvest from your own dedicated garden plot
- Access to the farm's seed library
- Irrigation supplies and help installing
- Training and use of farm's tools and equiment
- Monthly trainings and workshops
- Grow a single crop for the Farm CSA or for sale to K-State Dining Facilities
- Training and use of farm equipment plus marketing and sales training
- Share in the revenue from your crop
- After-hours access to the farm
- Monthly training and workshops.
- Current K-State Student
- Attendance at monthly trainings
- Commitment to program from April through November 2023
- In Manhattan during summer 2023
- Willingness to engage farm visitors
- 100% refundable security deposit (Garden Track only)