Spring 2017 Study Abroad
Horticulture and History—From Rome to Venice
Horticultural and History Tour of Central Italy
- Travel Dates: May 15-27
- Study Abroad Course Dates: January-May, every other Tuesday: 4:30-5:20pm
- Enrolled in 3-credits- used toward a required course on your curriculum
- Estimated trip costs: $5600 (this cost includes airfare, in country transportation, lodging, entrance fees, and several of the meals and 3-credits.)
- Rome—the Vatican and Colliseum– train to Orvieto.
- Orvieto—a special place to shop, eat and visit the famous Duomo.
- Perugia—Medieval Gardens.
- Florence—Boboli Gardens, the famous Uffizi Museum, sunset over Florence, Statue of David, tour vineyards, wine tasting and lots of awesome Italian food, several nights at the Estate of Villa Pandolfini, a famous Italian cooking school and lovely villa just outside Florence.
- Drive into the Tuscan hills to visit Pisa, experience olive oil production and another vineyard.
- The faculty-led group study abroad application materials are available at: http://www.k-state.edu/studyabroad/facultyled/students/
- Please submit the completed application materials along with the first program payment to the Study Abroad Office, 304 Fairchild Hall.
- More information soon.
Dr. Cathie Lavis
Assistant Professor of Landscape Management
Horticulture, Forestry, and Recreation Resources