Dr. Lavis has a diverse background that combines years of industry experience with theoretical knowledge. She is an Associate Professor with a teaching and extension specialist appointment in the areas of landscape maintenance and landscape irrigation.
Dr. Lavis has taught a wide range of courses during her time with the department, including her current courses, landscape maintenance, landscape irrigation systems, arboriculture and she team teaches the business of landscape contracting and the pre-internship in horticulture course.
Her extension specialist area is focused on irrigation water use efficiency in the landscape and landscape maintenance. A particular passion is trees and their care.
• Ornamental tree evaluation. 2015. Lavis, C., J. Griffin, T. McDonnell, I. Katzer, & R. James.
• Drip irrigation for community gardens. 2014. Rivard, C., Lavis, C., Boyer, C., and Upham, W.
• How to hire a reputable landscape irrigation contractor? 2013. Lavis, C. C.
Kansas Healthy Yards: "Video of the Week."
• Watering in the Zone
• Rain Sensors Save Money and Water
• What are Backflow Devices?