Student Hourly Positions
Student Hourly Forestry Research
CONDITIONS: 6-15 hours per week, must be available M, W, and F. There is no guaranteed minimum number of hours, due to weather and scheduling.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately through November 16, 2018
RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist a graduate student in collecting various forestry-related data at the Howe Conservation Education Center, north of Manhattan, including ground cover fuel loading, identifying and counting seedlings, measuring larger trees.
- Kansas Driver's License.
- Ability to work outside in hot and cold weather.
- Ability to traverse very steep and uneven terrain in the woodland.
- Passed Dendrology (PMC 330).
- Experience in conducting research.
- Experience in field or forestry work.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Complete application for student employment, available in 2021 Throckmorton.
Questions? Dr. Charles Barden
Department of Horticulture and Natural Resources
3038 Throckmorton Hall
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.