This position is responsible for day-to-day processing tasks such as bill payment, order placement, posting transactions in departmental accounting program (QuickbooksPro), month-end reconciliations and reporting of all accounting projects which allows the Department of Horticulture and Natural Resources to function smoothly and have the support it needs to fulfill its mission of teaching students and conducting research. This position provides direct support to the departmental accountant. The operations of the accounting specialist are overseen by the department Accountant II.
This position requires a High School diploma (or work equivalent) and a minimum of six months of relevant professional experience in an accounting function.
- Knowledge of state laws and regulations regarding purchasing and procurement.
- Ability to establish working relationships.
- Training in KSU financial record system and HRIS.
- Computer knowledge and skills in accounting with QuickBooks program, spreadsheet, database and word processing software.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding business procedures and be able to make decision.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Screening of Applications Begins: July 24, 2017
Salary Range / Pay Rate: $26,272.00 - $39,409.00
To see full job description click here.