On Campus Facilities
Throckmorton Plant Sciences Center
The Department of Horticulture and Natural Resources (HNR) on-campus home is within the Throckmorton Plant Sciences Center Complex, 1712 Claflin Road, on the K-State campus. The College of Agriculture greenhouse complex is attached to the Plant Sciences Center, and the KSU Gardens are located at the northern most end of the site.
Construction on the original Throckmorton building was completed in 1981. In 1994, work began to add the east and west wings to the original structure. The HNR department is housed on the first three floors of the east wing of the Throckmorton Plant Sciences Center. The department has over 15,000 square feet of building space used for instructional purposes and 30,500 square feet of greenhouse space within the complex's greater than 2-acre greenhouse range. The 20 acre Kansas State University Gardens provides a hands-on learning laboratory for our students in the ornamental plant areas.
|KSU Gardens||KSU Greenhouse Facilities|